About Me

Teacher. Storyteller. Retreat Leader. Staff Developer. Wife. Mom. Daughter. Sister. Friend.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Buttons and Patterns

When my mother sewed,I played with a tin can of buttons. She gave me the buttons when I became a teacher. She thought I might be able to use them in art activities. I knew they were too precious for that.

My five year old granddaughter is spending the night tonight. As I write, she plays with the tin can of buttons. She loves them and I love watching her play with them out of the corner of my eye. And I wonder if she will write...

"When my grandmother wrote, I played with a tin can of buttons."

2 comments:

Mary said...

My mother always had a huge can of buttons as well! I remember loving to spread them out over the carpet and trying to sort them all different ways. One year I took 100 of them in for my collection for the 100th day of school! What a great treasure to keep and share with new generations!

Thinking Aloud said...

My mother had a jar of buttons. I wish I had those buttons now. Thanks for the memories!